Saturday 23 July 2011

'Banana Slugs?!' I hear you cry. Yes yellow, banana slugs are the mascot of University of California, Santa Cruz. I don't know why. The mascot they had before was a sea lion...still slightly odd and resembles a similar shape to a slug but arguably a marginally better mascot. The slug even wears glasses and is reading a book. See...

Oh well, I am sure I will grow to love those banana slugs and  will soon have t-shirts, hoodies, stuffed toys and flags all with that yellow creature plastered on them and parade around with pride. You laugh, but there are a select few of you out there who I am sure will be receiving some of this memorabilia in the post!
'Vats of Suncream'...needs little explanation really. I assume that the majority of readers know me...and my skin type....and be aware of the suns extreme hatred towards me. I burn in March in England so therefore I am going to die in California.

At the moment I feel like I am in limbo. I am sitting and waiting. For the next 7 weeks. While others are swanning off to their perspective American destinations in a matter of days to begin third year I am stuck at home unable to even decide whether I want the time to hurry up or slow down! 
Let's see.... today I am feeling like the time needs to move faster; I don't have much in terms of preparation left to do-
  • Visa
  • Flights
  • Accommodation
  • Student Finance
  • Health Insurance
  • Enrol in courses....half done! Wilderness and Nature in the American Psyche- I hope you are ready for me. (Anyone with the faintest idea what this even entails please email me!)
  • Saying goodbye to people.....saving this to the last possible moment! 

So you see, I am at home. I am bored. I am waiting.
Today for instance I have done nothing. I got up, ate breakfast, perused the internet and what d'ya know...it's 6pm!
I need to get busy. Luckily I'm headed for Cornwall on Wednesday which will keep me occupied for 5 days. Ahhh 5 days of cream teas, pasties and cornish fudge! (The purpose of the trip is to visit family, the food is just a bonus of course).

Well , that will do. I find blogs slightly uncomfortable and a bit rambly. Hopefully this will improve in time, or maybe I shall just stick to photos and a few key facts.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want a mug with a banana slug on it. Can you make this happen please? Thanks. Your blog title is awesome and your concern about it being all rambly is so true. Everyone come read my blog http://americancuriositea.blogspot.com it's delicious. (Blatent self-promotion)

    ReplyDelete