Sunday 4 December 2011

"DENNIS QUAID IS HERE!"

Short but sweet i'm afraid because a) I have so much work to do and b) nothing much has happened!

Finally got back to Santa Cruz from Sacramento after a bit of a car accident on the way! Everyone was a bit shaken but we carried on while blasting Adele as the two other passengers had only ever heard Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You which I thought was an outrage and immediately plugged in my ipod.

The week of presentations and spanish exams and papers was hell but it went pretty quickly so i'm grateful for that. Only one more week to go and then I will be in Disneyland! YAY! I cannot wait to hug Mickey Mouse.
I just want to take a moment and recognise just how painful and awkward it is to watch someone crash and burn while giving a presentation to the class. It is like watching the early X Factor auditions but you can't turn them off, or leave the room! There was only really 1 or 2 people that this happened to but those 7 minutes were the longest 7 minutes ever. I could feel myself going red for them! It is almost as bad as the video of the new TLC programme (that a group of us are going to attempt to watch tonight) 'The Virgin Diaries' where a couple share their first kiss EVER on their wedding day. Not kiss, face sucking/tongue ingesting more like. I urge you to go watch it on youtube, but not while eating. I'm not sure how much we will be able to watch tonight!

Took me ages to find a chocolate advent calendar in Santa Cruz. They just don't seem to be the thing to do round here at Christmas. I was getting so desperate that I even begged a shop owner to re-open so that I could buy one! She did as well! It isn't dairy milk chocolate, but it isn't bad. It's not Hershey's! Staying on the Christmas theme, check out the gingerbread house we made while listening to Christmas music. Well not made, constructed from a box!


Apart from that, have just been working and revising etc:( Oh and re-watching all of Ellen's pranks on youtube. It's amazing what you can find to do when there is plenty of other things to be doing! May not be blogging next Sunday, but I will tell you all my tales from SoCal soon.
I leave you with a picture of a friendly neighbourhood raccoon who likes to sit on the fence or in the garbage bins just outside our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment