Sunday 29 April 2012

The British Take Over

It hasn't help that for most of this week it has been cold and rainy. It just adds to that post-holiday blues feeling that I experienced after last weekend! Luckily the past couple of days have been warm and sunny, traditional Californian weather, so the blues have (some-what) departed. They have, however, turned into something else; stress. Stupid mid-terms. I do not want to leave UCSC at all, but I won't be missing the constant examinations and papers. I have a big Spanish exam on Monday which I have been working on but unlike the past two quarters, there is this voice in the back of my mind saying LOUDLY "Who cares? It's worth practically nothing towards your degree". This hasn't helped in the revision process! But you know what has helped...Frozen Mocha's from Coffeetopia.

Not much to report on this week. Apart from catching up on work, going to classes, gym and physio, it has been a pretty boring week. On Thursday a bunch of us went bowling down at the Boardwalk which was fun! I haven't been bowling in aggess. My score reflected this. I did have to explain to my friends who Take That were as Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow appeared on the big screens singing 'Shame' and my friends were wondering if they were a gay couple! By the looks of that music video, yes, yes they are. I have had to do a lot of explaining about British pop culture this week in fact. Not only is My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding airing on TV right now which everyone loves (they are even making an American version. Help.), but Embarrassing Bodies is about to start airing. The British version. We are taking over their TV's! After bowling, we went and hung out in Saturn Cafe, where, even though it was 11.30pm, they were ssooo slow at taking our order that we sat there for 30mins and just left. I really wanted soy ice cream as well.

On Friday I went for dinner with a friend at this pizza, pasta place that I can't remember the name of but it is something like 'Katniss'! Obviously it isn't as that is a character from The Hunger Games but for now that is what I will call it! They do the most gorgeous bbq chicken wings, and also put on a show a few times a night; singing and dancing to Eye of the Tiger, YMCA, and other such songs. Of course, being Americans, the waiters looked like they were actually really excited to be performing! Adds a bit of amusement to a meal at any rate seeing your long haired, slightly hippy waiter, dancing around with red, sparkly pom-poms!

Ok, well that is literally it. How boring. I need to go study for Spanish and head down to Coffeetopia! One of these days I shall post a photo of this most delicious drink. As I haven't really taken any photos this week I shall leave you with a picture of the most retro drinks machine ever. Oh and Happy 1 Year anniversary Kate and Will;)


No comments:

Post a Comment