Sunday 8 April 2012

Tie-dye is soooo last year

Happy Easter! I hope you are reading this with a slab of chocolate in one hand while the other is scrolling;)

Again, Easter is another holiday that I have very much enjoyed partaking in in America! My roommates mum/mom came down to Santa Cruz with Soxies of course (see Thanksgiving entry) with boxes full of Easter stuff; egg decorating kits, dye, cartons of hard boiled eggs, chocolate, drinks. You see, the tradition in America is not to have those big chocolate eggs that we have in England, but rather you dye and decorate hard boiled eggs, then hide them for an egg hunt. They do eat chocolate but it is mainly just the odd chocolate company who produce small egg shaped versions of their bars. So last night we had great fun dying eggs in multicolours, putting glitter on them, my roommate even made the globe out of one! I am not that creative. I stuck with swirls and faces. One of my friends decided he wanted his to have a mustache. Turned out pretty well!




Woke up on Easter morning and it was like Santa had been. I had a lovely Peter Rabbit bag stuffed with Easter goodies sitting on my desk from my roommate, and a homemade hollow eggs with chocolate inside from another friend waiting outside the door:) Guess whats for breakfast....

Aside from that, this week has just been about settling in to a new term. I have dropped my Asian American class in favour of an Independent Study where basically I just have to read 12-15 books/articles and write a couple of analytical pages on each one. This will give me allll the information I need to write my year abroad dissertation! ha ha take that Warwick. On Wednesday it was my roommates birthday so a big group of us went down to I Love Sushi for a lot of rolls (I had the Jimbo this time) and a lot of Sake. Not a fan if I am honest. It tastes much better cold than hot however it still tastes like a mix between nail varnish remover and paint thinner. We came back to campus, played some drinking games and ate the most gorgeous cake ever that her boyfriend had made from scratch!

Oh and I have nearly finished The Hunger Games trilogy. I have spent many hours either outside on a bench soaking up some sun, or in a coffee shop with a caramel macchiato or a frozen mocha. This was what I spent the majority of yesterday doing:

Ok this has been fairly short! I'm too distracted by the big bag of chocolate in front of my face so excuse me will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment